2 killed in fire in Christopher | News
CHRISTOPHER, IL (KFVS)- Two people died in a fire in Christopher Wednesday night.
A neighbor called 911 to report a house fire at 210 West Sylvia Street at 9:39 p.m.
The bodies of a man and woman were found in the home.
Christopher V. Pyles, 38, was found in the living room. Mary Sue Plumlee, 33, was taken to the Herrin Hospital ER where she was pronounced dead, according to the Franklin County Coroner's Office.
Authorities say the fire started in the living room of the home.
Autopsies with the Williamson County and Franklin County Coroner's offices are pending.
The Illinois State Fire Marshal's office, Christopher Police Department, and Franklin and Williamson County Coroner's offices are investigating this deadly fire.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Franklin County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect