Illinois woman accused in deadly wreck sentenced to six years | News
FRANKLIN COUNTY, MO (KFVS)- The woman accused of
causing a deadly southern Illinois wreck has reached a plea deal.
Tabitha Weeks, 31, of West Frankfort has
been sentenced to six years in jail.
She was convicted of
aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol.
The crash happened in June
2012 on Rend Lake Dam Road in Franklin County.
Investigators say she
crossed the center line and hit a van driven by Craig Payne, 41, of Bonnie head-on. Payne died
in the crash.
A judge ruled Weeks must
serve 85-percent of the sentence but will get credit for time served.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All
Top Franklin County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect