Franklin County man jailed after reported standoff with deputies | News
FRANKLIN COUNTY, IL (KFVS)- A Franklin County man is facing several charges after an alleged standoff with law enforcement.
Robert Maller, 21, of Pershing, Illinois was charged with reckless discharge of a firearm and aggravated assault with a firearm.
Authorities say he was arrested early Tuesday morning by Franklin County sheriff's deputies after a brief standoff with police.
Deputies were originally were called to the home around midnight after receiving a report of a domestic dispute involving a man with a gun threatening people in the house.
Sheriff Don Jones says that Maller allegedly fired a handgun inside the house during the domestic dispute.
Maller was being held in the Franklin County Jail. No bond has been set at this time.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Franklin County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect