Southern Ill. water supplier suffers major break in main truck line | News
(KFVS) - The Rend Lake Conservancy District says they have had a major break in a main truck line.
All the customers that are direct customers of the Rend Lake Conservancy District will be under a system-wide boil order when water is restored. They say all towns and water districts that buy from the conservancy district will make their own determination on when their boil order will begin.
The district says it will likely be late Monday night when water is restored.
They are the main water supplier for much of Southern Illinois.
Currently under a boil order:
- The City of Carterville has issued a boil water order for the next 48 hours.
- Village of Cambria says the entire village is under a boil water alert until further notice.
- Rend Lake has issued a city-wide boil order for the city of Du Quoin.
- Hamilton County Water District manager has issued a boil order until further notice. They are located just outside McLeansboro.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Franklin County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect