September is National Preparedness Month | News
FRANKLIN COUNTY, IL (KFVS) - Franklin County Emergency Management Agency said September is National Preparedness Month.
The event is sponsored by the ReadyCampaign with support from Coalition Members across the nation.
NPM is held each September to increase public awareness about emergency preparedness. During the month Franklin County EMA said, Americans are encouraged to participate by hosting activities and initiatives to make sure their family and community are prepared. They said in recent years, more than 3,000 organizations joined the ReadyCampaign as Coalition Members.
For more information, including becoming a Coalition Member, visit Ready.gov
Should you have any questions or would like assistance please contact our Bureau of Emergency Preparedness at 618-439-4362.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Franklin County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect