Northbound I-57 to close in Benton, West Frankfort Aug. 11-12 | News
FRANKLIN COUNTY, IL (KFVS) - The Illinois Department of Transportation says northbound Interstate 57 will be closed Saturday, August 11 through Sunday, August 12.
The interstate will be closed from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. on Sunday. According to IDOT, traffic will be detoured at exit 65 onto IL 149 eastbound, to IL 37 northbound and then to IL 14 westbound.
IDOT says maintenance crews will be working to repair the structure carrying Forest Baptist Church Road over northbound Interstate 57. They say emergency vehicles will be allowed through the construction site as quickly as possible and through traffic should seek alternate routes.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Franklin County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect