High school closes for the day in honor of beloved teacher | News
WEST FRANKFORT, IL (KFVS) - Frankfort Community High School announced they will not have school on Thursday, Feb. 2 in honor of Linda Burgess, a much-loved reading specialist teacher.
Burgess was known for her genuine love for her students and fellow teachers. Those who knew her say she was kind and patient, touching hundreds of childrens' lives with her spirit.
She passed away at 5:15 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 28 in Franklin Hospital in Benton. She was 54 years old.
Visitation for Burgess was Wednesday, Feb. 1 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at St. John's Catholic Church and the funeral service was Thursday, Feb. 2 at 11 a.m. at St. John's Catholic Church.
Copyright KFVS 2012. All rights reserved.
Top Franklin County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect
- Jefferson County Crime Stoppers asks for help finding burglary suspects