Franklin Co. EMA to hold CERT classes | Events
MULKEYTOWN, IL (KFVS) - The Franklin County Emergency Management Agency will hold upcoming Community Emergency Response Team classes.
CERT educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skilles, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization and disaster medical operations.
The Franklin County EMA has the following upcoming classes:
- Feb. 6 - Disaster Preparedness, Fire Safety and Utilities
- Feb. 13 - Fire Safety Practical
- Feb. 20 - Disaster Medical Ops, Light Search and Rescue
- Feb. 27 - Search and Rescue Practical, Disaster Psychology and CERT Organization
- March 6 - Terrorism and Graduation (Students must complete program within policy limits to achieve graduation)
All classes will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Mulkeytown Grade School, 2130 Old Schoolhouse Road.
You can click here to visit them online and register for the class.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.