Bill Enyart sworn into 113th Congress | Events
WASHINGTON (KFVS) - Congressman Bill Enyart was officially sworn into the 113th Congress by House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH).
On the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives Friday afternoon, Enyart joined his new colleagues in an en masse oath of office. He will hold a community swearing-in in Belleville later this month.
"I am deeply honored to serve as the voice of Southern Illinois in Washington," Congressman Bill Enyart said. "It is a privilege and tremendous responsibility to take on the challenges our families face. Southern Illinois is blessed with a talented workforce, abundant natural resources, and a powerful sense of community. I have every confidence that by working together we can create a strong economic future for all of our families and protect the Southern Illinois way of life we share."
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Franklin County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect