Federal agencies offer free passes to military to State Parks | Environment
HARRISBURG, IL (KFVS) - Five Federal agencies have teamed up to offer free military passes to a National Parks, National Forest or other Federal lands to all active duty military and their dependents.
Under the Recreation Enhancement Act (REA), 'America the Beautiful' military passes are available at many federal land management agency offices, including the Shawnee National Forest offices in Harrisburg, Vienna, and Jonesboro. Military members and their dependents.
Although, according to a spokesman some sites within the National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and U.S. Forest Service require fees.
Like the other America the Beautiful Passes (annual, senior and access), the military pass will provide free access to federal sites where entry fees or standard amenity fees are charged.
To discover more about the Shawnee National Forest, visit their website.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Franklin County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect