2 teens arrested in connection with bomb threat at Zeigler school | Crime
FRANKLIN COUNTY, IL (KFVS) - Two teens have been arrested after bomb threat investigation at Zeigler-Royalton High School
Franklin County Sheriff Donald R. Jones says deputies responded to a bomb threat at the Zeigler-Royalton High School on Friday, April 26 at 8:21 a.m. School personnel, Franklin County deputies and a K-9 unit from the Illinois Secretary of State Police searched the school for an explosive device.
According to Jones, the student body had been relocated to a position of safety by school personnel. No explosive device was found.
Darrell B. Dalton, 17, from Royalton and Zachary T. Barnett, 17, from Christopher were arrested in connection with the investigation.
Jones said both are sophomore students and are being held in the Franklin County Jail tentatively charged with felony disorderly conduct, conveying a bomb threat to a school. He said this is pending review by the Franklin County State's Attorney's Office and the filing of formal charges. The pair are being held without bond pending the setting of bond by the court.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.