Two Franklin Co. teens accused of mail theft | Crime
FRANKLIN COUNTY, IL (KFVS) Two Franklin County teens are accused of mail theft.
Ashley Tottlebein, 17 of Zeigler, and Laney Lambert, 17 of West Frankfort, were charged with felony theft after being caught with numerous items of missing mail in their vehicle.
Franklin County Sheriff Don Jones says a resident tipped police off about the mail thefts.
On Saturday, January 6, Jones says officers spotted and pulled over a car that matched the description in the theft. They say the girls were found with numerous items of mail in the car.
Both girls were taken to the Franklin County Jail and bond set at $750. Jones says Tottlebein has since bonded out.
According to Sheriff Jones, the thefts occurred in Franklin and Williamson County. He says some of the mail has been recovered.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Franklin County Stories
Upcoming Events near Franklin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect