2 brothers accused of stealing more than $30,000 worth of metal | Crime
WEST FRANKFORT, IL (KFVS) - Two brothers are accused in the theft of more than $30,000 worth of metal pieces from Coal Age Industrial in West Frankfort.
Coal Age Industrial reported large pieces of metal that had been fabricated into parts for us in the coal mining industray were missing beginning in mid-December.
The West Frankfort Police Department was able to recover video evidence from where the thefts occured. Police conducted several hours of mobile and static surveillances.
Ronald R. Pullium Jr., 24, of Johnston City was arrested on January 3 as he went to city hall to have water services provided to a home.
Police are still looking for Steven A. Pullium, 22, of Johnston City.
CAI estimates the loss in fabricated parts to be worth more than $30,000. Police say all the stolen parts were sold at area salvage yards.
Ronald Pullium was transported to the West Frankfort Police Department for processing and then to the Franklin County Jail. He is charged with theft over $500.
More arrests are expected in this case.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Franklin County Stories
Upcoming Events near Franklin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect