Army Specialist Travis Picantine Memorial Highway to be unveiled | Community Spirit
SESSER, IL (KFVS) – The Illinois Department of Transportation state and local dignitaries will gather in an unveiling of the signs declaring Route 148, from Christopher through Sesser, as Army Specialist Travis Picantine Memorial Highway.
In attendance will be State Sen. Gary Forby, 59th District, State Rep. John Bradley, 117th District and IDOT Representatives.
The dedication will be Tuesday, Oct. 16 at 1 p.m.
The unveiling will take place at the VFW, 302 W. Coal Street in Sesser.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Franklin County Stories
Upcoming Events near Franklin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect