Dance, raffle Nov. 3 to benefit Franklin Co. Honor Flight | Community Spirit
FRANKLIN COUNTY, IL (KFVS) - A dance and 50/50 raffle will be held Saturday, November 3 to benefit the Franklin County Honor Flight.
The event will be from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at VFW Post 3838. The dance will include music by Doug and Mitch and costs $10 per person. No outside coolers or food, a cash bar and food will be available.
The 50/50 raffle donation will be $1 per ticket or six for $5. It will have a grand prize of 50 percent of the proceeds raised.
All proceeds raised from this project will be matched by the home office of Modern Woodmen of America up to $2,500. The money will be donated to the Franklin County Honor Flight and will be used to allow World War II Veterans to take a one-day, free trip to see the World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Franklin County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect