Illinois Dept. of Agriculture to launch new logo | Community Spirit
WHITTINGTON, IL (KFVS) - The Illinois Department of Agriculture will be unveiling a new Illinois Product logo on July 19 as part of the Buy Illinois Challenge.
The challenge was designed to encourage every Illinois household to put aside at least $10 of their weekly grocery budget to spend on Illinois products. The department says this challenge could potentially generate $2.4 million in revenue for the state.
Many Southern Illinois Wineries along with Illinois Department of Agriculture Acting Director Robert Flider will be on hand at the July 19 unveiling to be held at the Pheasant Hollow Winery in Whittington, Ill.
Residents of Illinois can log onto www.buyillinoischallenge.com to pledge themselves to the challenge.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Franklin County Stories
Upcoming Events near Franklin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect