BENTON, IL (KFVS) - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has released their Rend Lake fishing report for the main lake and tributaries.
The fishing report includes:
- Rating - good
- Bait of choice - worms, rattle traps, jig and trailer, spinner baits, square bill baits
- Suggested location - fish in shallow bays near brush cover and bushes. Fish around bridges and along the rocks. Fish being caught in 4-6 ft. of water on main lake
- Regulations - 14" minimum length limit, 6 daily creel limit. One fish daily creel limit in ponds 14" minimum length
- Rating - excellent
- Bait of choice - fish with medium and small minnows. Quarter-ounce pink and white tub jigs
- Suggested location - fish are in deep water. Fish 8-15 ft, deep over brush and on edges of water.