(KFVS) - The Illinois Department of Labor is offering some safety tips for haunted house enthusiasts.
The department is encouraging residents to wear bright clothing and follow safety rules.
“We want to make sure that individuals, who bravely enjoy a good scare at haunted houses, do so safely,” said IDOL Director Joe Costigan. “We urge parents and kids to read safety signs to ensure a safe and enjoyable Halloween.”
IDOL suggests the following tips to stay safe:
- Check for an Illinois Department of Labor 2011 permit sticker
- Read all signage before entering a haunted house and listen to your guide for directions
- Pay attention to the location of exits in the haunted house
- Stay on the approved path of travel and be cautious on or near stairs
- Do not smoke, use lighters or matches
- Wear bright-colored clothing and avoid loose-fitting clothing that could snag on props
- Be aware that strobe