Fundraiser for Southern Ill. Irish Festival scheduled for Sat. | Arts & Culture
(KFVS) - The annual Pub Night and Fish Fry, a fundraiser for the Southern Illinois Irish Festival, will be Saturday, May 5.
The fundraiser will be at the Carbondale Elks Club, 220 W. Jackson Street, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Food will include fish, chips, slaw, vegetarian options, soda bread and homemade desserts.
Organizers say music will be provided by The Dorians and Celtic harp player Christa Ashton. They say a silent auction will also take place and activities for children will be provided.
Tickets are $14 in advance for adults and $16 at the door, $11 for students and $5 for children 12 and under. Admission after 8 p.m. is $5. For advance tickets, you can click here to buy online or send a check to:
P.O. Box 3276
Carbondale, IL 62902
You can also call 618-549-3090.
Proceeds will go toward the 2012 Southern Illinois Irish Festival, which will take place in Carbondale the weekend of Oct. 5-7.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Franklin County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect